Friday, April 10, 2009

Plum Blossom Tree

14 Feb 2009

It was valentine, but we decided to go to Camarillo Chelsea Premium Outlet for shopping. The place was about 1.5hour drive away to the North of Lake Forest. What attracted my attention at the place was the plum blossom tree around the area. This was actually the first time I saw a plum blossom tree with my naked eyes in my life. As a Chinese, I used to make up a small artificial plum blossom tree especially during the Chinese Lunar New Year. The flower used was actually a plastic flower, and I remember some times we used some cotton to imitate the look of snow on the tree.

Maybe it was the early of the Spring that the flower started to bloom. It was strange that there was not even a single leaf on the tree. Only small little pink blossoms were seen on the tree. Maybe later toward the end of the spring or in the summer that I should come back and check out how the tree would look like during that season...

No comments: